Topic starter  
Jul 26th, 2015 at 12:31am

YaBB Administrator   Online
YaBB Administrator
I love YaBB!
The Land of YaBB

Quote Modify Remove 

Hi everyone,

Don't forget to follow Azzurro in the CYCA Gold Coast race. Currently she is 3rd on IRC overall (behind Perpetual Loyal and wild Rose) and first on ORCi  (answers all of your questions re how the boats rate on ORCi).

Regards, Simon

Topic Tags
(@rkooy)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 1:26pm

Misty II   Offline
I'd rather be racing!
Williamstown Vic

Quote Modify Split this topic starting with this message as the first message in a new topic, followed by the other posts until the last post added to this thread. Remove 

Overall handicap winner IRC and winner on ORCi

Congratulations Azzuro

Paul

ReplyQuote
(@rkooy)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2016 at 9:59pm

Misty II   Offline
I'd rather be racing!
Williamstown Vic

Quote Modify Split this topic starting with this message as the first message in a new topic, followed by the other posts until the last post added to this thread. Remove 

Gold Coast race starts at 1.00 today

SHANE Kearns has a new sponsor -follow Komatsu Azzurro in the race

Paul Kenna

ReplyQuote
(@rkooy)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 8:17am

Misty II   Offline
I'd rather be racing!
Williamstown Vic

Copy from cyca press release|

Close behind Scallywag was Rupert Henry’s JV62, Chinese Whisper, followed by Tony Kirby’s Ker 46, Patrice, sailing between the two headlands, clear of dirty air from the pack, which tended to hug South Head. The unexpected surprise was seeing Shane Kearns’ defending champion, Komastu Azzurro, in the top third of the fleet, keeping pace with the bigger and newer boats, not too far adrift of the three V70’s, which were led by Peter Harburg’s Black Jack.

Kearns’ 35 year-old S&S34 is the smallest and oldest boat in the race, but continues to surprise with her performances. Her most recent success was finishing third overall in the 2015 Rolex Sydney Hobart, winning the ORCi category and Corinthian division. Meanwhile, She, the modified Olsen 40 recently purchased by Philip Bell, was last out of the Head, but only by a smallest margin.

ReplyQuote
Share: