Lionheart Is For Sale.
Regrettably and, indeed, very reluctantly we have come to the decision to sell. Lionheart. She is a wonderful sailing vessel but an impending relocation and change of circumstances militate against holding on to her.
Lionheart is the S&S 34 that carried Jesse Martin around the world to become the youngest solo, non-stop, circumnavigator. (Jessica Watson has since overtaken that record – in another S&S 34!)
Yes, the S&S is a very sturdy and sea-kindly vessel. Jesse sailed with us recently. It was a highly nostalgic afternoon for him as he reacquainted himself with the little home he had lived in, all alone, for nine months, all those years ago. We were able to show him his pencilled phone numbers, email addresses and reminders still on the cabin ceiling.
When we bought Lionheart, in 2011, she was in a sad and shabby state. We have spent a lot of time and money restoring her to something of her former glory – a list of the works we have completed can be found below.
She is currently located in Queenscliff, Victoria. We are seeking expressions of interest and will gladly show her to genuine buyers. Please contact me, Patrick Roberts, in the first instance, on mobile: 0438 387 001. email: email@example.com
Works Completed on Lionheart
- All deck furniture, including stanchions, removed,
- Star cracking around stanchion bases repaired.
- Topsides and deck painted
- Stanchions reinforced with backing plates.
- All screws/bolt holes Sikaflexed prior to replacement (this resolved water leak issues long associated with the boat)
- Replaced lifelines.
- Replaced most running rigging.
- Installed new porthole Perspex.
- Marine electrician removed defunct Transat system and associated cabling.
- Sorted out and tidied up all cabling, removing redundant cables.
- Installed new Raymarine Ray 55E VHF Radio.
- Installed new Raymarine ST 60 instruments.
- New s/s standing rigging installed
- Mast and boom removed, sanded, etch primed and two pack paint.
- All sheaves removed, serviced and reinstalled.
- New Evergreen NMEA 183 GPS aerial installed.
- All navigation lights replaced with new LED.
- New boom bag and lazy jacks by Bull Sails
- New 16 kilo Mantus anchor
- 20 metres new anchor chain
- 100 metres of 12mm nylon rode.