Around 200 boats have been built, about 130 in Australia and the remainder in the UK. New boats are still available, please click on the “The New S&S 34” button above for full details and photos.
This website was originally established by member Steve Laws and was refurbished in 2013. There is a link to our Discussion Forum on the right side of the page.
We hope you like our new site and please email the webmaster via the “contact” button with any comments or queries, or post direct on the website – unfortunately due to spamming issues you will have to fill in the Captcha anti-spam filter but only for your first comment. Your comments will be posted once reviewed by the webmaster. More comprehensive discussions can be had on the Discussion Forum.
A Few S&S34 Achievements
We believe that the S&S 34 has completed more circumnavigations and set more world sailing records than any other production yacht. Just some of the achievements:
- Member Jon Sanders AO, OBE, honoured in 1983 by the United States Institute of Navigation with their Superior Achievement Award. Sailed his S&S 34 Perie Banou around the world twice via Cape Horn, non stop and alone, to set 12 world records.
- Member David Dicks when only 17 years old set the record for the youngest to sail alone and non stop around the world via Cape Horn. He sailed his mothers S&S34 Seaflight, starting from Fremantle, Western Australia.
- Jesse Martin when 17 years old, also in an S&S 34, Lionheart, successfully followed David Dicks example, setting a new record for the youngest to sail non stop, alone and unassisted around the world via Cape Horn starting from Port Melbourne.
- Jessica Watson when only 16 years old set a further record (unofficial as the category of “youngest” had been abolished as an official record), sailing non stop, alone and unassisted around the world via Cape Horn starting from Sydney, arriving back 3 days before her 17th birthday.
- Jamie Dunross, quadriplegic, sailed solo around Australia in 2010, starting from Fremantle, Western Australia, being the first disabled sailor to do so and setting the record for the longest distance sailed solo by a quadriplegic.
- Seven West Australian members have sailed their S&S 34 yachts around the world starting from Port Fremantle, more are on their way.
NEW AND DEMO BOATS AVAILABLE! The S&S 34 is still available brand new, and also currently there are almost new “demo” boats available at substantially reduced cost, all featuring the new foam sandwich, vaccum infused construction. Email Jamie the webmaster or Mike Finn of Cottesloe Yachts or ring Mike on 0419 845336
CLASS FLAG AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE – Click here for details